Saturday, August 18, 2012

Review: Clean and Clear face wash and moisturiser

Hi everybody! In case you hadn't noticed, I've changed the name of my blog! I'm still going to be posting a lot of beauty-related things, but also want to post on fashion, lifestyle and food-related topics. So I thought I would make the title a lot more open-ended. :) The blog design still leaves a lot to be desired, but that will have to wait, because I have a lot going on at the moment and hardly any time!

Today's products are from the Clean & Clear range, and they are the Clean & Clear exfoliating daily wash and the Clean & Clear dual action moisturiser. They are something that I have been using every day for almost one year now.



Now, before I go into the review, just a little bit of information about my skin - because skin care is different for everyone, and if you have skin different from mine, this might not have the same results for you. I have combination skin - my cheeks are dry, and my forehead gets oily by the middle of the day. It's not sensitive skin in the sense that it gets red or irritated easily, but it does react to heavy products and I have to be careful about what I put on my face (even the dry areas) because I will get breakouts.

Onto the review!

Clean and Clear exfoliating daily wash
Before I started using this face wash, I was using the Boots witch hazel foaming cleaner. I would not recommend that one at all. In just a couple of weeks, my skin had dry patches - in the middle of summer! So when I found the Clean & Clear one, I figured I'd give it a shot because it seemed to be formulated for skin similar to mine but was still gentle enough for daily use. And having used it for a year now, I can safely say that  it has become my favorite. It not only does a great job of cleansing the skin, but it leaves skin feeling soft and fresh. It doesn't dry out my cheeks at all - despite using it twice a day. The little beads in it are not abrasive in the least, and it's nice to know that I'm exfoliating my skin just a little bit with every wash. Plus you only need a tiny amount, so the 150ml lasts forever! I just bought my second tube the other day, and I still have a little left in my first one.
My verdict: Definitely buy this is you have skin similar to mine. It's inexpensive, lasts a very long time, and most importantly, does everything that it promises.
Available for £3.20 at Boots

Clean and Clear dual action moisturiser
This is my all-time favorite moisturiser. Seriously. If they ever discontinue it, I will personally go down to the Johnson&Johnson offices and picket. I've had such a problem finding good moisturisers in the past. Either they've been too light, or too greasy. I've had so many break me out, and others didn't make any difference to my skin. This one, though, is everything I would want in a moisturiser.
It is an oil-free moisturiser with a light consistency, but it still moisturises the skin really, really well. It gets absorbed into the skin so fast, and it doesn't leave any sort of greasy shine or residue. It also has salicylic acid in it, which is meant to treat breakouts, so I have no problem putting it over them. 
It's one of the few products that I feel I can put a liberal amount on without fear of it looking like too much or causing any problems. I do have to do that in winter, because my skin like everyone else's gets drier then and needs more moisture. So this would not be the best moisturiser for dry skin, but for my kind of skin, it's fantastic. The only thing is that it leaves a 'tingly' sort of feeling when you first put it on. Personally, I find this to be quite refreshing and cooling, but it might catch you by surprise. It doesn't last though, so it really isn't a big deal.
In terms of quantity, you get 100ml of product in one tube! That is a lot, especially when you consider the fact that most moisturisers come in 50ml-80ml tubes or bottles.
My verdict: If you're looking for an oil-free moisturiser that has been formulated to work with acne-prone skin, look no further.
Available for £2.99 at Boots

I hope this was useful! I know I've been really gushy in this post, but I really do love these products. And when I find something that works well for me, I have to share it, because I know how frustrating it is to find a perfect fot for skin! Have a great weekend, everyone. :)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Review!
    Hope you will check out my blog :)

    India-Robyn www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete