Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Review: Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer

Hi everyone!

Today's post is a review of the Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer (anyone else think make-up product names are getting too long these days?) I picked this up about 3 months ago, and have been using it about 3-4 times a week, so I've had a fair amount of time to test it out.




As you can tell from the pictures, it's an automatic black eyeliner pencil. One end is a twist-up pencil, and the other is a little smudge stick. Now I don't tend to my smudge my black eyeliner, so I've never used the smudge stick, and can't comment on that.



As for the actual eyeliner - it's a rich, creamy black. I tend to wear it on my waterline, and it lasts remarkably well through the day. Just to give you an idea - that's from 7:00am when I put it on to 5:30pm when I get home. On the occasions that I have worn it on my upper lash line, it doesn't budge much. It might fade a bit as the day wears on, but nothing too noticeable. 

Take a look at the pictures below for an idea about its staying power:

See how pigmented that is? I didn't even apply a lot of pressure while drawing that on.

This is when I rubbed that line vigorously. I got a slight bit of it transferred on my finger, but as you can see, it barely made a difference.


Bottom line is, I really like this eyeliner and will definitely be repurchasing. I think it's tricky buying an eyeliner for regular or daily use, because you want something with staying power, but at the same time, it should be something that's safe enough and doesn't irritate your eyes or anything of the sort. It should also not be too expensive, because you're going to be repurchasing it. This one ticks all the boxes for me. 

You can find it for £3.99 at Boots. It also comes in a whole bunch of pretty colours, so if you want a waterproof eyeliner in something besides black, you can still take a look. I know I will. :)

3 comments:

  1. I always repurchase this eyeliner! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, isn't it? I'm definitely going to be repurchasing mine! x

      Delete
  2. I think I might have to get this (or the Maybelline gel eyeliner) as I need something that is soo easy to use. And has some great pigmentation.

    Although I did read a review that said that it does come off and smudge, although she had been to the gym and done a really hard work out so I'm not sure. It doesn't help that the Maybelline eyeliner is on offer at the moment in Superdrug)! Ahh, descisions!!

    ~Hannah xx
    welcometomyfloordrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete