Friday, October 5, 2012

Review: Clinique Super City Block daily face protector

A few posts ago, I had mentioned the Clinique Super City Block daily face protector as something that I use practically every day. It's an SPF 40 sunscreen, and I've been using it for about 4 months now. Enough time, I think, to give a good review. :)

It comes in a 40ml tube (see picture below). And since you only need a small amount, this tube has lasted me nicely.
 
Now I've always been a bit wary about putting heavy sunscreen lotions on my face for fear of break-outs. So I read about this product online, and given that Clinique products have not given my skin any problems in the past, I decided to give it a shot. Even so, I only purchased this after using a sample for a week.

As you can see from the picture below, when you first squeeze it out of the tube, it has a slight tint to it.
However, the tint starts to disappear once you start to blend it out, and once you've finished doing that, it's barely noticeable.

As I mentioned earlier, you only need a small amount with this. The consistency is neither too thick nor too runny, but if you put too much on, it can tend to look a little greasy. It's a bit of a weird one though, because if you have some dry patches on your skin, it can stick to them as well. So I recommend moisturising your skin thoroughly before putting this on.

And although I said that the tint isn't noticeable once it's blended in, if you have a medium to dark complexion, it might be harder for you to do so. My skin is somewhere between an NC 25 and 30, so if you're darker, I would recommend trying out a sample before you buy it.

With regard to the actual protection - Clinique says that this protects against UVA/UVB rays as well as environmental aggressors such as pollution. I don't live in a polluted city, so I can't vouch for the second bit, but I do feel like it protects my face very well against the sun. I wore it on holiday in Bournemouth and it was fantastic.

So all-in-all, I definitely recommend this as a face sunscreen for dry to normal/combination skin. The only thing that goes against it is if you have darker skin, in which case it might leave a bit of a whitish/pearly cast. And if you do buy it, be sure to use a small amount to avoid looking disco ball. :)

You can buy this product on the Clinique website or at Boots. It retails for £16.00, and also comes in a SPF 25 version if you're interested. 

I hope this review was helpful, and I'd love to know what sunscreen you use!

25 comments:

  1. Sunblock is so essential. I prefer using primer with SPF I feel its less thick. What about you?
    Erica xo

    www.sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica, thanks for stopping by!

      I've never really gotten into using primer, because I feel like my makeup lasts pretty long without it. Although with this Clinique sunblock, it says that it can be used as a primer as well, and I think that's true since it isn't as thick as most others. :) x

      Delete
  2. this has got a nice finish ! I think I would like to give it a try !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'm definitely going to be repurchasing it when it runs out.

      Delete
  3. this looks like a great product! i wanna try their even better eyes but it's so expensive :(

    athannahfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's the problem with Clinique. :( Maybe try getting a sample before you decide to take the plunge?

      Delete
  4. Nice Post,I wanna see More! (^_^)
    I'm Your New Follower,Hoping That you Will FOLLOW me too.
    If you have a minute,you can visit my blog and leave a comment about my new post, thanks dear!

    Blow A Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin

    I'll wait you on my blog dear.Have a Nice Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, and for the follow! I'm going to go check out your blog now. :) x

      Delete
  5. I like all the products of Clinique. I am looking forward for SPF 25, sure to add this to my shopping list.

    human hair extensions online

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great review, I was expecting the price to be much higher! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the price works out to be quite reasonable for a Clinique product - especially when you factor in the fact that it lasts so long!

      Delete
  7. Oh this is really cool! I actually just bought my first face sunscreen this week in fact! So very timely!
    I realised that one of the reasons summer can annoy me is having to always wear gross thick greasy sunscreen. So I decided I needed to get my hands on some really lightweight matte non greasy face sunscreen. I went with Olay Complete All Day Moisturiser with 30+. I'm really happy with it!

    Great review! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, nice! I haven't actually seen that one, I'm not sure we get it here. But yes, I agree, it's really hard! Most sunscreens tend to leave skin so shiny. :(

      x

      Delete
  8. looks really nice!

    X Jenny
    Rocknrollerr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to check out your blog now. :) x

      Delete
  9. I will definitely be giving this a try, I have the same concerns, I don't want my face to break out but also I don't want to be at risk when I'm in the sun. This is a lovely review, very helpful!
    I followed you, I'd love if you checked out my blog and maybe followed me too? eh? :)

    whateverismarveloustoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you found it useful!

      I did check out your blog, you have some great posts! I'm now your newest follower. :) x

      Delete
  10. great review! your blog is nice! maybe we follow each other!? let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Thank's for visiting my blog. Following you now! Kisses from VV!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must find this in my country :) you have so nice blog here:) Would you like to follow each other?just let me know :)
    I wait you in my blog!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that'd be great! I'll go have a look right away. :) x

      Delete
  13. Hey, love your post and love your blog...following you! (:
    Check out my blog n follow me if u like it too http://memypendown.blogspot.in/
    much love.x

    Like ma facebook page too
    http://www.facebook.com/MeMyPenDown

    ReplyDelete