Friday, September 28, 2012

Favorite accessories: Top 6 necklaces

Anyone who knows me will agree that I'm a total accessories girl. Especially with jewellery - I love my necklaces, earrings and bracelets! So I thought I would do a series of posts with my favorite accessories. And I'll be starting off with necklaces!

Now, I have a LOT of necklaces. Seriously. A few years ago, when I was living in India, I would just tend to pick them up everywhere I went. They're quite inexpensive in India, and we'd get exhibitions and fairs where you would get them for less than Rs. 100 (which is less than £1 in most cases). So it wasn't even an expensive habit. But it did mean that I ended up with a whole bunch of them. So when I shifted to the UK, I was torn - between my need to take my favorite pieces and my luggage restrictions! And in the two years I have lived in the UK, I have visited my local Accessorize more times than I can count. ;)

So yes, this is just my long-winded way of telling you that choosing my top 6 pieces was far too difficult (in fact, it started off as a Top 5). But here they are!


 
Now to tell you a little bit about each one, starting from the top left in the first picture:


1. This lovely necklace was actually a gift from a friend who got it back from a trip to Singapore. I've had it for a VERY long time (easily 7+ years), and it has always been one of my favorites. It's just so delicate and pretty! It looks especially beautiful with dark coloured blouses and deep necklines.

2. This one is one of my most-worn necklaces because it goes with practically everything - blouses, t-shirts or even dresses. It also looks great layered with other longer necklaces. I got it from Dorothy Perkins a couple of years ago. It's somewhere in between a gold and silver colour, and I love how ornate the heart is.

3. This necklace is a recent purchase - I got it from Accessorize a couple of months ago. It was in the sale, so I got it at 70% off - actually, I had a gift card, so technically I got it for free! Not sure you can see it from the picture, but the links in the chain have a brushed design, and it's perfect for work outfits.

4. The gold coloured necklace on the far right in the first picture is also from Accessorize. I haven't worn it very often, but it's still one of my favorites. It's one of those pieces that instantly dresses up an outfit. My favorite thing is wear it with is a deep red cowl-neck blouse I got from Monsoon. Perfect for the holidays. :)

5. Moving onto the second picture - the one on the left is something I picked up at an exhibition in Bombay a few years ago. The beads are wooden, and the design you see is carved into them. You won't believe the number of outfits and colours that this necklace goes with! Seriously - I can dress it up or down depending on the look I'm going for, and it looks great every time.

6. This last necklace was a gift from a friend who visited Israel. The beads are glass, so the necklace is pretty heavy, but that's not a problem at all. It's such a statement piece that I don't really need to wear anything else with it. I love it.

So there you have it! As you can see, I have a mix of different styles because I'd rather have a whole bunch of options to choose from when I'm accessorizing. How about you guys? Do you prefer a mix or do you have a type that you always go for? I'd love to know!

5 comments:

  1. Nice necklaces even if right now I'm more into statement ones... :)
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love my statement necklaces too, hehe, maybe I'll share those in a future post. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your visit to my blog! These necklaces are darling :)

    Keep in touch,

    Alexis

    swaney e

    ReplyDelete
  3. unos collares muy bonitos! me encantan

    pasate por mi blog que tengo nuevo post
    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete