Monday, September 24, 2012

Update + how expensive is your face

Hi everyone! A lot has been happening in the past few weeks, hence the lack of regular updates. Thanks for sticking with me, though! Firstly - I'm blogging from India at the moment! I got 3 weeks off work and decided to come home for a holiday. It's been a year since I've been back, so it fees lovely to be amongst my friends and family again. I flew over on Saturday, and it's taken me a couple of days to get over the jet lag! Anyway, now that I'm here, I also intend on buying a lot of things that I won't get back in the UK. I already got some stuff yesterday, but it's only my first week back, and I'll probably do a collective haul in the next couple of weeks before I fly out again!

Anyway, that was the update! Now for the second part of the post. I've been seeing a lot of the 'How expensive is your face' tag on blogs and Youtbe and thought I would do one of my own. :) Now I've only included products that I use everyday - except for the eyeliner and mascara, which I'll use sometimes depending on my mood. So I've taken two totals - one with them included and one without. I've also put links to each of the products so you can check them out if you want.


Clean & Clear dual action moisturiser - £2.99 (link)
Clinique Super City Block SPF 40 - £16.00 (link)
Chapstick (cherry) - £1.05 (link)
MAC Studio Finish concealer (NC30) - £14.50 (link)
Lakme Radiance Compact (Natural Pearl) - Rs. 99 = £1.12 (link)

Total = £35.66

Rimmel Exaggerate Automatic Waterproof Eye Definer (Noir) - £3.99 (link)
Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara (Black) - £7.99 (link)

Total with the above = £47.64

Have to say, I'm quite happy with this total! I know a lot of people's totals have crossed £100. But then again, I don't do a full face of makeup everyday, so I'm not surprised. So have you done this tag yet? What do you think your total will be?

16 comments:

  1. U are still at the borderline I guess,If I ever calculate,Iknow for sure ,I am gonna give an attack to lot of people !nice blog ! U can check out mine too,and ,If u want we can follow each other on gfc n bloglovin. Let me know.
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Going to check your blog out now. :)

      Delete
  2. Following u back... :)
    Check out my new post if u have time!
    kisses
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very interesting tag post! Mine would be sooooo expensive sounding probably because Australian beauty prices are so much more. I'll have to do this myself soon. I'm interested to find out now!
    Hope you're having a lovely time in India! Enjoy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah, I've heard that Australian make-up prices are crazy. I complain about UK prices being high compared to the States, so I can't imagine them that expensive! x

      Delete
  4. Not a bad total at all! :) It's funny that mascara and eyeliner aren't every day products for you - they're every day staples for me! Have a great time in India and I look forward to seeing the bits that you pick up. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Hehe, yeah, it's funny how staples vary from person to person. :) x

      Delete
    2. Just letting you know that I've nominated you for The Blog Bug Award. :) You can check it out here: http://spiderleglashes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/award-i-got-bitten-by-blog-bug.html xo

      Delete
    3. Oh, that's great, thank you so much! I'll be sure to do it soon. :) x

      Delete
  5. Hey :) I have the same Clean & Clear and I realy love it :) I am your newest follower,hope you can follow me back :)

    xLOVEx http://veronicadelarge.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant, isn't it? :D Thanks for stopping by, and for the follow. Am following you back now! :)

      Delete
  6. Gosh, I think I'd be scared to add it up. My liquid foundation is pretty expensive (NARS) but I only use a dot under each eye so it lasts ages (blushes as currently realises I've had recent bottle for nearly three years!) Following.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, nearly three years? That is really impressive, and yes, it does spread out the cost quite a bit!

      Thanks for stopping by, am following you back! :) x

      Delete