Sunday, September 16, 2012

My most-worn lipsticks

Happy Sunday! In this post, I'm going to be telling you about my most-worn lipsticks. Now, I'm a complete lip product nut - and especially so with lipsticks. I love them, and they're by far my favorite beauty product. I just think there's something so classic and old-school glam about taking out that little tube from your bag and touching up your lips. Since I work in an office 5 days a week, I can't wear anything too dramatic, but I do try and have my fun. :)

So my most-worn lipsticks (in no particular order) are:

L-R: 
Bourjois Sweet Kiss Lipstick in Rose séduisant, Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Rosewood, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Spotlight Beige, Elle 18 Color Burst Lipstick in Roasty Red, Bourjois Lovely Brille Lipstick in Vanille du Soleil

Swatches follow in the same order below:


Now just a few little things about each one!

Bourjois Sweet Kiss Lipstick in Rose Séduisant
This is a gorgeous fuschia lipstick. The swatch really doesn't do enough justice to it. It's bold, saturated and is a such a statement colour - I love it! It's also surprinsingly lost-lasting and even when it does fade, it leaves a nice stain on your lips. Since it's such a bright colour, I wear it more like a stain where I apply a small amount and then blend it in. It retails are £7.99 at Boots, and you can check it out here.

Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Rosewood
First off, how beautiful is the packaging? It just looks so luxurious and expensive - very classy. The colour is exactly what the name says it is - a muted kind of rose, with a certain understated warmth. It's great for a wide range of looks. And the staying power is AMAZING. Seriously. This lipstick lasts all day - even through meals and glasses of water. Beyond impressive. This one also retails for £7.99 at Boots - take a look here.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Spotlight Beige
Sadly, this is a discontinued item. I got it off of eBay and I know I'm going to be on the hunt for it again  once this starts to shorten significantly. It is my perfect nude shade. The swatch makes it look a lot more peachy than it actually comes off on the lips. It doesn't leave me looking washed out or anything, and somehow makes the whole face glow. Love it!

Elle 18 Color Burst Lipstick in Roasty Red
Elle 18 is an inexpensive Indian cosmetics brand. I picked this up last year when I visited India and it cost less than Rs. 100 at the time, which is just a little over a pound. Bargain! This lipstick has a lip balm core with the coloured bit making up the rest. Because of this, it has a very moisturising feel on the lips. This colour is a very wearable red, and very buildable if you want some added drama. It's a lot more pigmented than the swatch indicates, as well. I got it from the Urban Touch website - which doesn't deliver internationally, I'm afraid. This colour also seems to be out of stock, which is a shame because I wanted to pick up another one when I go back to India next week! Oh, well.

Bourjois Lovely Brille lipstick in Vanille du Soleil
Apologies for putting another discontinued lipstick on here, but it really is one of my favorites! I got this off of eBay as well, and it is such a lovely berry colour. It's perfect for work because it has just enough colour to brighten up your look, but isn't over the top in the slightest. It also has a nifty mirror at the top of the lipstick cap! Not the most long-lasting of lipsticks, but then again, it never claimed to be long-wearing.

So there you have it - my top 5 most-worn lipsticks! Sorry for having 2 discontinued items on there and one that isn't the easiest to get, but I only wanted to include the ones I reach for most often and these are the ones! I might do a most-worn or favorite lip glosses post sometime in the future, so watch out for that!

Hope you all have a fantastic week. :) 

10 comments:

  1. Such pretty pink lipsticks! I'm not a fan of pink at all until it comes to lipsticks where it seems that I can't get enough of them! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, I can never resist a good pink lipstick! Come to think of it, I'm like that with red as well, although I'm still on a quest for my perfect midnight red. :) x

      Delete
    2. I hope you find it! :)

      Just letting you know that I've nominated you for the Laine award! :) You can check out my post here: http://spiderleglashes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/award-laine-blog-award.html xo

      Delete
    3. Ooh, that's fantastic, thank you! :) x

      Delete
  2. All such lovely colours but I especially like the Bourjois one :)

    onelittlevice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's beautiful isn't it? I think it's the perfect Fuschia shade. :)

      Delete
  3. The rimmel one in the middle looks so gorgeous! love your blog and just followed! xo

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! For some reason it's not showing up though, maybe it's a bug with the Follow button? Am going to check out your blog now! x

      Delete
  4. This is a great post, I am always on the hunt for new things!

    http://myfavoritethingskellyann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete