Sunday, September 9, 2012

Liebster Award!


The lovely Kate at http://yakateyyak.blogspot.co.uk/ nominated me for the Liebster award! Thank you so much, Kate, the appreciation is definitely mutual!

The rules are:


1.     Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves
2.     They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them
3.     They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag
4.     They must then choose 11 bloggers to tag with less than 200 followers
5.     These lucky bloggers must be told
6.     There are no tag backs

11 Random things about me:

1. There was a time about 5-6 years ago when I would wake up at 5:30am every year to catch the live Oscar broadcast. Because I lived in India, the time difference was not my friend, but I did it anyway!

2. I have tinnitus - which is a constant ringing in the years. I got it a couple of years ago as a result of some heavy medication, and it has stayed with me ever since. I've gotten a little better with dealing with it recently, though. Got a White noise app on my phone which really seems to help!

3. The one make-up item that I can never seem to have enough of is lip products. Whether it's gloss or lipsticks, I always seem to want more!

4. I have always loved animals an inordinate amount. If I could be a zoologist tomorrow, I totally would.

5. Sometimes, if I'm really bored, I visualize random things happening at that moment to entertain me. For instance, 'What would happen if a velociraptor walked in through that door right now? Where would I run? Is there someplace I could hide?' Stuff like that.

6. I can make this weird face where I push up the corners of my mouth and my cheeks go up higher as well. It looks completely ridiculous and I have no idea why I do it but it's fun and it makes people laugh, so there you go!

7. I love lentils and pulses and could easily eat those every day of the year with no complaints.

8. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. True story.

9. I have lost count of the number of times that I have watched every single episode of Friends. I think I know more about that show that I know about myself.

10. I lust after designer handbags, but even if I could afford one, I think I'd probably be too scared to actually use it every day!

11. I talk to myself constantly.

Questions for me to answer from Kate:

  1. What do you do to relax? I don't have any 'one' thing in particular that I do to relax. I like to watch some of my favorite tv shows or Youtube videos, talk to my friends back home, or just go for a walk. And read too, although I haven't been doing as much of that as I would like to, unfortunately.
  2. What are your biggest fears? Losing the people I love
  3. What are three things that are unique about you? I have some really random, really varied and sometimes contradictory interests, I am actually very quirky and kooky although I hide it very well and I have an imagination that refuses to rest. I know the last one isn't something that is unique by itself, but I believe that everyone's imagination is unique to them.
  4. What TV show is your favourite and why? Oh my gosh, so many! LOST, Friends (of course), Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy - I could go on and on.
  5. What are your top three bands of all time? Bon Jovi, U2 and... Coldplay
  6. What is your favourite thing to shop for? Bags, shoes, clothes, make-up - I'm sorry, was I just supposed to say one? :)
  7. What does your natural hair look like? It's dark drown and slightly wavy.
  8. What are three things you love about yourself? My ability to get on well with almost everyone, my persistence and my optimism
  9. Why did you start blogging? I actually started many years ago on Livejournal. I just wanted a private diary really, since my mom had found my physical diary by accident and read it!
  10. What is your favourite colour of nail polish? Midnight red. :)
  11. Where do you see yourself in five years? That's a loaded question! I have an idea of where I'd like to be, but have had too much experience of things changing unexpectedly, so I'll just say - happy. :)

My questions for my lucky tagged bloggers to answer:
  1. What are the top 3 places in the world you want to travel to?
  2. What make-up item can you absolutely not do without?
  3. How tall are you?
  4. If you could do anything in the world for a living, what would it be?
  5. What is the town/city you live in like?
  6. Do you play any musical instruments? If so, what is it?
  7. What is your all-time favorite movie?
  8. If money wasn't an issue, what is one designer item you would love to own?
  9. What is your favorite fragrance?
  10. Do you have a pet? What is it?
  11. What do you consider your best asset?
I nominate (in no particular order) the following incredible bloggers:

http://theressomethingaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
http://clairesmakeupspot.blogspot.co.uk/
http://spiderleglashes.blogspot.com.au/
http://themaibug.blogspot.co.uk/
http://fiona-lily.blogspot.co.uk/

I know that I was supposed to nominate 11, but I'm afraid I'm not aware of many new bloggers with follower counts below 200! If you have any recommendations, do let me know, and I will go check them out. Thank you! 

6 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you for tagging me!! :) I've already done this tag before so I'm not sure I'm "allowed" to do it again (is that cheating?).
    I love reading too, although I too find that I don't do it as often as I'd like. I'd love to read a book a week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm not sure of the rules, hehe, but it's fine. :) x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment that you left on my blog, congratulations on this award! B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay I only just saw that you did this! Loved reading your answers!!!! Lost, Friends, Vampire Diaries and Modern Family are some of my all time favourite shows...good choice :P
    While reading your random things I found myself trying to make that face you do hahah I must have looked crazy :P That's hilarious!
    ALso my dad has that ear ringing thing, any tips on how he can try to fix it? He's tried everything but nothing seems to help. WHat's the white noise thing? How does that help it?
    I loved reading through your answers :) fun!

    yakateyyak.blogspot.com.au

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know we have similar tastes in TV shows!

      Haha, it is a VERY weird face and exactly how I described it, lol. I just happened to do it by accident one day and it's been entertaining people ever since. :P

      Unfortunately, there isn't a cure for tinnitus. :( From what I've read up on it, it has something to do with neural receptors in the brain. And because it isn't a life-threatening condition, there isn't that much funding for research into a cure, sadly. But yes, the white noise helps when it gets to be a bit too much (it gets louder with stress, for instance). It's basically like a static background noise that I sometimes play at night. It blocks out the tinnitus noise and helps me to sleep. The app is called White Noise Lite. I have it on my Android phone, but I'm sure there must be a version (or similar apps) for all phones. Hope this helps your dad! x

      Delete